Friday, July 27, 2012

100 Best Chapter Books of All Time

We visit our library all the time. At least once a week, we started when the kids were still at school and to be honest I thought I was pretty smart coming up with this. See I was so sick of going to the shops and going through the whole "Mum can we get something?" Even typing those words makes me want to shrivel up and crawl under the desk - what I'd like to yell is "For goodness sake give me a break, what more could you possibly want!" but of course I don't because I ' always want everyone to be happy' (I am learning this is impossible).

Anyway my answer evolved into 'Yes you can when we get to the library.' Unbelievably it worked! And it continues to work. However now I am homeschooling I need to make sure that their choices are actually literary and educational but of course fun (there I go again trying to please everyone!)

Anyway I just stumbled across this link 100 Best Chapter Books of All Time  from  K3TeacherResources on Facebook and I am going to use it as a guide to introduce my kids to some all time classics like Charlie and The Chocolate Factory and Huckleberry Finn as well as some newbies even I haven't read - who said only the kids get to have all the fun! I hope you enjoy the resource too.

1 comments:

Tracey said...

Oh I highly highly recommend "The Mysterious Benedict Society" series. My boys loved "The Boxcar Children" series when they were younger too. Oh and "The City of Ember" too and all the others in that series. We've just finished the "Hatchet" series and "My Side of the Mountain" series on audio and loved those too. I'm very partial to adventure and survival books. Hubby however recommends all of the books in the Redwall series. I'm not big on fantasy. Thankfully my boys love any and all books.
That list is a great starting point. :)

Post a Comment